Short Ribs with Apple Chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Transfer half of ribs to pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, flipping once. Transfer ribs to plate. Repeat process with remaining ribs.
- Drain fat from pot and discard. Return ribs and any accumulated juices on plate to pot and return to medium-high heat. Add broth and heat to boiling. Ribs will not be fully submerged in liquid – this is OK. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook 2 hours or until ribs are very tender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in thyme, apples, water, raisins, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook 14 to 15 to minutes or until apples are very soft and most liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Use slotted spoon to transfer ribs to serving dish; spoon chutney over ribs. Serve immediately.