Winter Root Vegetable Kale Salad
- Roast the veggies: To ensure even cooking, chop and peel beets, sweet potatoes, and carrots into roughly the same size, about 1/2-1” cubes. Toss the vegetables with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/4 tsp red pepper. Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet. Roast on 425°F for 30 minutes until vegetables are soft if pierced and browned.
- Massage the Kale: Remove the stems from each leaf. Rinse leaves and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Massage the kale until it softens and reduces in size.
- Dressing: Whisk 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Top the salad with the root vegetables and dressing.
- Top with optional toppings such as feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, Our Family praline pecans, and apple slices. Pairs well with pork tenderloin.